Things to do Posted June 9, 2014
– Visit Tahbilk Winery and Wetlands Cafe. Experience Australias oldest family owned winery and continue onto the newly refurbished Mitchelton winery, providing sweeping views of the Goulburn River.
– Take the Goulburn Explorer tour boat for a ride to Tahbilk and Mitchelton or go on the night tour and see the Goulburn under lights.
– Try one of the districts best wood fired pizzas at Bank Street Wood Fired Pizza & Gardens in neighbouring Avenel, browse Gadds Olde store and sample some of Scotts aged meats at the Avenel Butchers Shop for the BBQ.
– Fowles Wines does an excellent midday meal, with their renowned Ladies Who Shoot Their Lunch wines.
– Make sure you put a boat or canoe on the lake and tour the Goulburn River and scenic lagoons. You can use your own or hire locally. Spend a day drifting down the river from Seymour in a tinnie or canoe.
– Have lunch at the White Hart hotel in Longwood. Drive up to the Ruffy store for meals made from local produce. Come home with a scenic drive via: Nolans Rd, then left onto Ponkeen Rd and finally over the hill on the Wickett Hill Rd.